Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Don't Fly Away

It a little overwhelming how far behind I am in blogging. Chelsey came to visit two weekends ago and then I went to DC last weekend to visit Michael. So far this summer I have been lucky in getting comp tickets, but also winning tickets. I won tickets to see Love, Loss and What I Wore and then I won tickets to go see Come Fly Away. I wanted to see the show but wasn't really interested in paying to go because I really hated Movin' Out and I didn't suspect I would like this show any better. Well, that turned out to be 100% true. I just can't figure out what it is about Twalya Tharps shows. I love the music and the dance is great, but together it is one blah night of theater. The most annoying was this asian american woman who couldn't act and her dancing wasn't much better. I'm hoping she was an understudy, but anyway I literally couldn't watch the show if she was dancing alone or it was just her and a guy, it was awful. Some of the cast was so talented but blah. And then you get to the second act and apparently the bar turns into a brothel/ sex scene and Victoria Secret made a lot of money on the barely there costumes. Just glad I didn't pay for a ticket!

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Hang in there girl. I just know the perfect job is waiting for you. You have so much talent and charisma. Someone is going to see that soon. Lots of love and luck, Harriet Clark