Thursday, September 23, 2010

How Time Flies...

I knew I hadn't written in a while, but then I check at I haven't written since July 25! Woops! Things have been great but crazy since then. As August came (and went) I was frantically searching for a job. I applied to so many jobs and interviewed with some places, but nothing was coming together. The Wednesday before my internship was up on Friday I got called into a meeting and interviewed for the office manager and development database assistant position. Unknown to me (and apparently everyone else knew), Noel was leaving at the end to the month and they were looking for a person to fill to the job. It was a shock to me because I had no expectation of getting to stay at NYTW, but it was exciting to think that I would still have the familiarity of working here as I was moving and getting settled. As you might know or can figure out, I got the job and have been in the position since late August. I couldn't imagine being new to NYTW and trying to learn this job because so much of it is just an understanding of what we do and how to work with everyone here.

Also, out box office manager left so I have gotten to work in the box office some, which is fun too because you get to interact with members, who often I would only talk to on the phone. I have also become the resident photography - which I love - and I get to take photos at various events and programs.

In the mean time, I needed an apartment. New York is a weird place for rentals and stuff comes and goes very quickly. I ended up finding a sublet for a few weeks that I could stay in that gave me a little more time to find an apartment. The place I ended up getting I first saw on Craig's List but it was through a company. The pictures were actually true to what the place look like, which is uncommon and I saw it and knew it was the place. It is a one bedroom (small bedroom) and has a kitchen down the hall and a great living room with two big windows.

Getting furniture was a nightmare - that may have to be a later post, but just say no to Ikea. I am mostly settled in and my parents are coming this weekend, so I hope they will help get all the little things fixed.

So there is no way that I will every go back and write about all the shows I have seen since July, but here is a list:
The Addam's Family
39 Steps
Trust (saw it three times, enough said)
Timing of the Day
Gate B23
Bunked!
Terms of Dismemberment
They're Playing Our Song - Concert version (loved it)
With Glee
Getting Even with Shakespeare
Friends Like These
Wicked
Bachelorette (twisted, but great)
Capsule 33
Through the Night
American Idiot
The Little Foxes (a little bias because I work here, but I LOVE the show)
Without You (which was incredible)

No comments: